BAJITOBLOG

BajitoBlog is a collection of writings from within my personal life and my work to build a better underground society for all members of the community who do not necessarily fit in with mainstream standards, lifestyles, behavior, etc. I believe we can be our own person, a good and peaceful person without having to conform to mainstream society. In the words of Albert Einstein, my cerebral hero, 'Del you are on the right track' - don't ever let nobody get you down...'

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Some people think i live a fascinating life although i strive to be as humble as i can. but i found that if i ever give it all up - many people would be let down and many people would give up their own personal struggle if they ever see me give up or quit. believe me i have wanted to quit my work a million times and secretly i did. i would say 'no more of this' i'm going to sneak away and start myself a new life like other people have in the real world. then i would get a letter from a kid i never even met or an inmate somewhere i didn't even know and they would tell me how wonderful it was that i was doing so much for others and because of my struggle they had turned their lives around. man i hated those letters i would say to myself MAN! I hate it! i have not gotten five minutes into my new free from the struggle life and yet if i ever did leave it - these two lives may not have ever felt some love in their lives. life is so good when you let go and let God. it took me so many years of fighting to let go and let God rule in my world. Now i just follow Him and my life is so simple i can actually say i enjoy it! :)

Sunday, July 03, 2005

WOODY MY FRIEND FOR LIFE'S BIRTHDAY - HE WOULD HAVE BEEN 62

Today is your birthday Woods, my dear dear friend for life. You would have been 62. I would have taken you out to eat at Aw Shucks and we would have had oysters and crab legs like we used to. Those were the good ole days. I miss you so much it still hurts my heart to be out 'here' without you day after day, year after year. I dedicate this writing to you because even though you have gone on before me - I know you will be waiting for me when I get there. You have never been out of my heart or out of my laughter zone. You were always with me for our great 27 years running up and down these streets from Arkansas to Mexico, out to Las Vegas and Los Angeles and elsewhere in between. I'm so sorry you couldn't have gotten enough help to save you from your obsessive compulsive eating problem that I feel robbed you of your life at only 49 years old. It was too young for you to die Woods, we had so much more life to live as best friends for life. I remember the day we were driving down I-30 and you told me you didn't know what would happen if something happened to me before you - well now i know how it feels and it is very painful. For so many years after you left back in 1993, January 19th at 11:30 Pm when i found you on the floor dead and cold I used to couldn't stand it when friday afternoon rolled around and you weren't calling me nonstop 'Hendrixson!!! where are you??? Let's go to the movies and out to eat" - we were always together - do you remember how we used to joke about being siamese twins? and how if i really believed in something and i asked for your approval and you laughed at me - it would be successful - but if you liked it - it would fail. well so it went and so it goes. well my friend for life you just would not believe your eyes at what your little 'ant as you used to call me' while calling yourself the 'grasshopper who played and fiddled all day' has or is accomplishing.

i just wanted you to know that i have your pictures right here and i am always thinking of the many years we spent backing each other up no matter what it was that was going down. thank you for being there for me when i was locked up. you were the only one who was there for me - and when i got out. it meant the world to me. God Bless Your Soul and May You Be Resting In Peace. You were the kindest soul on the planet, the funniest and the strongest - you could figure out anything and you knew your history much more so than i ever could. I remember always going to you and asking you to 'tell me what was going on in the world for the past several months' because as you know - I don't keep up with it. I send you my love, my dearest friend - there will never be another friendship like we shared. I'm staying strong and using all the knowlege and strength you passed on to me.
Forever, Hendrixson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home