BAJITOBLOG

BajitoBlog is a collection of writings from within my personal life and my work to build a better underground society for all members of the community who do not necessarily fit in with mainstream standards, lifestyles, behavior, etc. I believe we can be our own person, a good and peaceful person without having to conform to mainstream society. In the words of Albert Einstein, my cerebral hero, 'Del you are on the right track' - don't ever let nobody get you down...'

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Some people think i live a fascinating life although i strive to be as humble as i can. but i found that if i ever give it all up - many people would be let down and many people would give up their own personal struggle if they ever see me give up or quit. believe me i have wanted to quit my work a million times and secretly i did. i would say 'no more of this' i'm going to sneak away and start myself a new life like other people have in the real world. then i would get a letter from a kid i never even met or an inmate somewhere i didn't even know and they would tell me how wonderful it was that i was doing so much for others and because of my struggle they had turned their lives around. man i hated those letters i would say to myself MAN! I hate it! i have not gotten five minutes into my new free from the struggle life and yet if i ever did leave it - these two lives may not have ever felt some love in their lives. life is so good when you let go and let God. it took me so many years of fighting to let go and let God rule in my world. Now i just follow Him and my life is so simple i can actually say i enjoy it! :)

Sunday, January 22, 2006

LIVING FOR THE SAKE OF OTHERS...

Many things have transpired since I last wrote. I am going to write a book this year - i feel i have to. I have aquired so much knowledge and interesting material i feel i must share it with others.

Blessings have finally landed at our doorstep and actually come inside. We now have a real board of directors - not a bored of directors - as i have seen for so many years in so many other organizations. People who say they will do everything and they do nothing. i will not support that type of behavior when our work and our movement is affecting so many lives. we cannot lose even one of them from being lazy or uncompassionate. we must care and we must do something.
I recently was awarded in September 'The Ambassador for Peace Award' - it is a very prestigious honor and it has brought me into a circle of caring loving friends that i never dreamed existed. Now that i know they live and breath and are kind and loving and they truly 'Live for the sake of others' they are helping Bajito Onda even more - and BO is helping them. Mark Hernandez, Esther Vasquez, John Halsey, Lola Somemoto and Pastor Shin I want to say thank you - They have a monthly breakfast and yesterday a woman from the UN came and presented her work with the movement that Rev. Sun Myung Moon founded many years ago. I was like so many others - I judged Rev. Moon for being a kook or a weird guy with weird beliefs. I can say that no more. The lives he has affected in this world must number into the millions. And those lives were touched and saved by unconditional love of a father on behalf of God the father. He was simply doing what he was called to do as a soldier of peace and of God. I too am often considered to be slightly 'off center' in my radical work of taking the word of peace into the worlds of violence and for giving hopeless peoples hope in a darkened maddening world. I am more comfortable now in that world since i have found the light and the light has warmed my center of love and wisdom. i am greatful to God and others who have come into my once horrible and lonely existance and touched and even accepted me and loved me when my own family have turned their backs on me - they live right here in Dallas yet I am no where in their hearts. Sadly - for them and equally for me. However i must do as God leads me and continue touching other hearts that will not be sour or angry as my family is - but who will in turn continue touching others. The Dallas Observer did a great story on me and Bajito Onda as a movement. We were all surprised we were not slammed. For the past i have lived - it was a miracle to be unscathed in their pages. We have received a donation in December and others are now looking to us for funding our wonderful programs. We have received the badly needed huge digital printer plotter cutter and it is also helping us to maintain our balance of existance. We have a clean bed to sleep on (3) now at the Quality Inn and there are no snakes or rats falling from the ceiling as there were in the old warehouse. Our new facility is beautiful and spacious and it even has windows!!!! how wonderful - light and clean after all those years in that warehouse. God has and is blessing us. I went into the Roach Unit Prison at christmas time and shared love and fellowship with our faithful men up there as well as with Chaplain Nino. What a great guy! Well that is all for now - just wanted to make a few notes for you. Give me a call if you read this - or please post your valuable comments. if it moves you to send a donation please do so. The more we receive the more we can do with it. Del Hendrixson Bajito Onda POB 270246 Dallas, TX 75227 USA - 214-275-6632

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home