BAJITOBLOG

BajitoBlog is a collection of writings from within my personal life and my work to build a better underground society for all members of the community who do not necessarily fit in with mainstream standards, lifestyles, behavior, etc. I believe we can be our own person, a good and peaceful person without having to conform to mainstream society. In the words of Albert Einstein, my cerebral hero, 'Del you are on the right track' - don't ever let nobody get you down...'

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Some people think i live a fascinating life although i strive to be as humble as i can. but i found that if i ever give it all up - many people would be let down and many people would give up their own personal struggle if they ever see me give up or quit. believe me i have wanted to quit my work a million times and secretly i did. i would say 'no more of this' i'm going to sneak away and start myself a new life like other people have in the real world. then i would get a letter from a kid i never even met or an inmate somewhere i didn't even know and they would tell me how wonderful it was that i was doing so much for others and because of my struggle they had turned their lives around. man i hated those letters i would say to myself MAN! I hate it! i have not gotten five minutes into my new free from the struggle life and yet if i ever did leave it - these two lives may not have ever felt some love in their lives. life is so good when you let go and let God. it took me so many years of fighting to let go and let God rule in my world. Now i just follow Him and my life is so simple i can actually say i enjoy it! :)

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

DECEMBER 27 - 1982 THE DAY I WENT TO PRISON

I find it interesting that after not writing in this blog for a long time except of course for the journal i just wrote below this post. I did not realize it was this date. I somehow knew when i entered prison that one day (did not figure it would be this long however) that things would somehow be all right. I feel this is finally the year that things will be all right. i hate to say it but i do have to agree with the folks who know me, i feel that i deserve a break after all this time of dedicated determination. i may not be the brightest bulb on the shelf but determined i am. i do not believe that all persons who go to prison are bad. i wasn't a bad person, i was a depressed person who got a bit too loose with my self-discipline that my Army Colonel Father Logan Brooks Hendrixson had beaten into me. What was i thinking anyway? When he died i think, well i know... a huge part of me died with him. i cried for two solid years for my dad. nothing would ever bring him back and i knew how final death finally was.

i did not realize just how good i had it being free with my depression until i got arrested with my depression and added to the paranoia, the guilt, the disbelief that it could and most definitely would happen to me .... prison.

entering prison this day in 1982 was the absolute killer. imagine two days after Christmas. well... that's enough. it just brings back memories every year that will never go away. not for me nor for anyone who ever goes through it.

God Bless you and I pray this will be a good year for you - after all you deserve it too!

Del

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home