BAJITOBLOG

BajitoBlog is a collection of writings from within my personal life and my work to build a better underground society for all members of the community who do not necessarily fit in with mainstream standards, lifestyles, behavior, etc. I believe we can be our own person, a good and peaceful person without having to conform to mainstream society. In the words of Albert Einstein, my cerebral hero, 'Del you are on the right track' - don't ever let nobody get you down...'

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Some people think i live a fascinating life although i strive to be as humble as i can. but i found that if i ever give it all up - many people would be let down and many people would give up their own personal struggle if they ever see me give up or quit. believe me i have wanted to quit my work a million times and secretly i did. i would say 'no more of this' i'm going to sneak away and start myself a new life like other people have in the real world. then i would get a letter from a kid i never even met or an inmate somewhere i didn't even know and they would tell me how wonderful it was that i was doing so much for others and because of my struggle they had turned their lives around. man i hated those letters i would say to myself MAN! I hate it! i have not gotten five minutes into my new free from the struggle life and yet if i ever did leave it - these two lives may not have ever felt some love in their lives. life is so good when you let go and let God. it took me so many years of fighting to let go and let God rule in my world. Now i just follow Him and my life is so simple i can actually say i enjoy it! :)

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

BAJITO ONDA AFRICA FOUNDATION

I often find it impossible to believe that a humble work such as Bajito Onda (the underground or lowrider scene) has now spread around the world. I am so burdened here in the struggle just to keep our printshop flourishing and the doors open that i forget how my sons and daughters around the world are moving ahead like steam rollers. Their 'Bajito Onda Global Chapters' are amazing me weekly. I am so tempted to go to Africa that somehow i believe it will happen this year. One of my goals is to speak at San Quentin California State Prison Death Row 'Bajito Onda Chapter' - and another is certainly to visit one or more of the Chapters in Africa. Wow! God is really moving us all over the place. I must remember we are now touching lives around the world! And those lives are now empowering women and children and youth to do the same. Take Care, Del

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home