BAJITOBLOG

BajitoBlog is a collection of writings from within my personal life and my work to build a better underground society for all members of the community who do not necessarily fit in with mainstream standards, lifestyles, behavior, etc. I believe we can be our own person, a good and peaceful person without having to conform to mainstream society. In the words of Albert Einstein, my cerebral hero, 'Del you are on the right track' - don't ever let nobody get you down...'

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Some people think i live a fascinating life although i strive to be as humble as i can. but i found that if i ever give it all up - many people would be let down and many people would give up their own personal struggle if they ever see me give up or quit. believe me i have wanted to quit my work a million times and secretly i did. i would say 'no more of this' i'm going to sneak away and start myself a new life like other people have in the real world. then i would get a letter from a kid i never even met or an inmate somewhere i didn't even know and they would tell me how wonderful it was that i was doing so much for others and because of my struggle they had turned their lives around. man i hated those letters i would say to myself MAN! I hate it! i have not gotten five minutes into my new free from the struggle life and yet if i ever did leave it - these two lives may not have ever felt some love in their lives. life is so good when you let go and let God. it took me so many years of fighting to let go and let God rule in my world. Now i just follow Him and my life is so simple i can actually say i enjoy it! :)

Friday, February 18, 2005

JOINING FORCES....CASA DEL HISPANO

I am too tired to do this justice, however i will report that I have met another Angel of Angels that God has placed in my path - to light my way as well as her's. Her name is Betty Helton and she is also a Gringa Activista Mexicana (Latina/Hispana, etc). She is a 'corporate dropout' who is now changing the world in the lives around her. We met last week or maybe it was this week. I can't remember - all i know is she is wonderful and has the heart of a mother i wish i had had growing up. those of you who know me - know i am towering - amazonish powerful in appearance and often that is what i look like on the outside when on the inside i am actually a scared afraid (same thing but doubly insecure) child needing the love and compassion of a mother figure - and well i never get that secure feeling that my brain and my heart has found a kinship. all in our lives have meaning in the way we tie ourselves together in knots of strength, but when i met Betty - i was so curious to see if she would be like the thousands before her - distrusting of me and Bajito Onda's intentions to collaborate instead of devour others efforts. it seems when i have met more insecure warriors than betty they immediately ran backwards thinking my strength would surely eat them alive... instead of thinking as she did... what a great team we can make together! I am always looking for strong souls who are as equally bright and innovative who can compliment my efforts and bring strength to my weaknesses.. such as our new Angel in Houston, Debi Schneider. Well when Betty sat there in front of me - i was thinking .... she looks wonderful, sounds wonderful but when is the communication going to break down? that is the norm in my life. most people think i am a millionaire (very not true) who can continue doing this with no help forever. also not true. Well Betty and i had a wonderful visit that only got more wonderful the longer we were together. I swear i could not let her go. i wanted more of her calming motherly energy that put me at ease and made me realize how lucky those lives around her were to have her on a daily basis in their lives. i also could feel her own frustration with her struggle to help Mexicans or other Hispanics and today i heard the reason she does it. well today i packed up Armando, Daniel, Rob, Beth and myself and we just closed up our operation and went to visit Betty and www.casadelhispano.org - we had an invite from Betty so we could see how we could get married and help more people and reinforce each others works and agencies. i totally forgot about all the usual things i would have been doing at BO because it seemed petty in comparison to the relationship we were building today. she invited many people to come to the meeting of the minds... there was a psychologist from Mexico - a pastor from the Baptist church in some town around her place - she is located in Lewisville, Tx north of Dallas. well there were a lot of folks coming in and out - and after about five hours me, Betty and Beth sat down and began to talk about the seriousness of our bonding. I need some help from the top management angle - she needs help from the support angle - which i can easily supply. i need clients for the printing and she is tied into several hundred trucking companies for over 25 years when she was in that industry. instant what i need. i am so tired of having to go sell, sell, sell and then work work work. i need that kind of help also. she also can get me the type of volunteers i need ... the kind from SMU - she is already plugged in. I am already doing skills training - something she wants to offer but had no clue how to do it. i can easily plug in a program into her agency with no effort hardly at all. thus compounding her efforts in her community as well as tying us together as a true collaborative partnership for social and humanitarian good. she also has located immediatly many grants that together we can share and prosper with - utilzing Debi in Houston to also come into play with us also tying our combined efforts into the new Houston Chapter to let them know what is heading their way!
I am too tired to continue - just knowing though that all is coming together is incredible!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home